Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

War & Peace

Fact: there have been just over 40 Canadian soldiers killed in combat missions over the past five years in Afghanistan. In my city, Edmonton, of one million people there were 36 murders in 2006.

...Now of course my facts include fatalities of Canadian troops only, and doesn't draw in the numbers from the other countries that have lost soldiers fighting the Taliban. I would think, however, if I was to total the number of soldiers killed overall in Afghanistan over the past five years and contrast it against the Canadian homicide totals for 2006, the Canadian total would be the greater of the two.

Fact: the U.S. spends approximately $8 billion a month on military operations in Iraq.

...Now that just leaves me speechless.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home