Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Roller Derby: My Nano of Cranial Fluff



We all have it. That one little thing that is excessively cheesy or overtly indulgent that we elect to partake in on occasion, whether it be latch-hook rug making, trashy novels or watching poorly dubbed Kung Fu movies. So, last night, lamenting my sore hamstring, I settled down with an ice pack and flipped on the bube-tube to see what was on. Not being a big fan of TV, I perused the listings menu about four times before electing to watch “Rollergirls” which is a quasi reality based programme about these Roller Derby chicks in Texas. I vaguely remember Roller Derby from my youth, back in the days of Skinny Mini Miller and crew, so I thought that this would be just the thing I needed to avoid becoming dangerously introspective and perhaps cracking a book.

Well, after an hour of this show I was hooked. Perhaps it was that the raunchy partying nature of the girls reminded me of my Rugby playing days – they certainly played and partied hard. It certainly didn’t hurt that most of them were incredibly hot either. Regardless of why, the fact remains that I am now a fan. So, I urge you all to support your local Roller Derby associations, and watch the programme if it is available wherever you are living. You can also check out their web site at A&E: http://www.aetv.com/rollergirls/index.jsp , or this guys cool blog: http://www.waynesderbyworld.blogspot.com/

My 3 favs are the nurse, Lux, the rookie, Venus Envy, and Sister Mary Jane, the elementary school teacher.

…And now, having no dignity remaining and dropping several rankings in my integrity ratings, I will conclude and return to my Gwynne Dyer book titled: “Future Tense: The Coming World Order” as my penance.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You rock brother!

    Gwynne is ok too, but such a pesimist.

    I'd much rather be having an ogry in some dirtbag motel with the 'Holy Rollers' than reading about the end times.


    Fuck my soul, the devil already owns it.

     
  • At 6:26 a.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's great to see there are other roller derby supporters in Canada. Thanks for your great comments about my Wayne's Derby World roller derby news and commentary blog.

     
  • At 12:57 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home