Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bleak Winter, Bleak Electoral Prospects

So, the Canadian Government fell last night in a vote of non-confidence and we are now facing a January election. Is there anyone out there who is actually excited about this? I suspect that this election will yield one of the lowest turn-outs in history, based on the simple fact that there is absolutely no vision and no leadership out there. Seriously, who should one vote for? Do we vote out the Liberals with the Conservatives just like we voted out the Conservatives with the Liberals a decade ago to send a message that never seems to be heard? The NDP have sold their souls and become more reprehensible in my view than the criminal Grits or the Christian Fundamentalist-pro-Iraq invading Tories, which is, I suppose, an accomplishment in itself. I look around the world at the political activisim and protest (i.e. the Ukraine) and ask, given what's on the slate, why aren't Canadians demanding better? It seems the only vision out there lies in the fringe parties such as the Green Party (who just might get my vote) and the Marxist-Leninists (god bless their little idealistic athiest souls) to name a couple. I hate to say it, but I wish that the Bloc Quebecois would run in my province as they seem to be the only other alternative out there and, aside from dividing up the country, would probably do a better job than most!

...It's a sad state of affairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home