Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Monday, July 31, 2006





Middle of Nowhere


This nice thing about living in a city of a million people in the middle of nowhere, the natural world is close at hand. Sadly, Edmonton is a three hour drive from the Rockies, so you have to plan on spending the night, unless the calluses on your bum are sturdy (we’re going to load up the boats and bikes and do a bit of camping there this weekend coming). Fortunately, our city boasts of a gorgeous river valley that is full of off-leash areas, hiking trails and bike paths. A half hour drive to the east takes you to Elk Island National Park where my crew and I headed this weekend for a bit of kayaking, Bison watching and a visit from a deer and her fawn plus a lone coyote. Pure bliss!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 p.m. , Blogger Kelly said...

    Great pictures. I love going out on the water.

     
  • At 4:32 p.m. , Blogger Ed Meers said...

    Yeah, nice to be able to escape land and all those who dwell upon her. Mind you, some of the seagulls are behaving a bit rowdier than when I was a boy - I blame city dumps and video games!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home