Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Monday, July 31, 2006

...Got this from http://myutopias.blogspot.com/ and liked it. Anyone who knows me knows that books are my primary passion, as are discussing them!


1. One book that changed your life: L'Etranger by Albert Camus. Up until I encountered this novel in the tenth grade, I was another mass of potential wasted. Then I read this book and entered the worlds of existentialism, nihlism and the absurd hearo thinking "I'm home"!

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: L'Etranger, again, in both English and French. There are others but, with so much out there, I find it difficult to re-visit.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Ulysses by James Joyce- then I might actually read the dang thing!

4. One book that made you laugh: The Snapper by Roddy Doyle

5. One book that made you cry: Can't say I've actually cried while reading. I've come close at a few movies, but must have dry eyes.

6. One book that you wish had been written: Any account of contenscious History or Political Science that is purely objective and accurate.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce - read as far as page four at least ten times and then gave up!

8. The book you are currently reading: Just a bit of brain candy as I prepare my mind for teaching - Harry Turtledove's In the Presence of Mine Enemy. It's an alternative fiction about Jews living in 2009 Nazi Germany amidst a regime change.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Too many to list!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home