Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Still Sleepless....
The human body is amazing in it’s abilities to endure and be resilient. I have not had a solid nights sleep in nearly eight weeks now, save but perhaps three. The doctor abandoned me with anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medications as they obviously were not working. Now I am on immovane, a blue sleeping pill. These manage to knock me out when I take one at 10 pm, but I am constantly waking up at 1 and 2 a.m. and require another one. After taking the second pill, my sleep is a pattern of being more awake than asleep, and I can’t seem to keep my eyes closed at all after 5 a.m. I can’t believe, give the duration of this insomnia, that I’ve not been sick and surprised at how well I am functioning through the days. Mostly, however, I a frustrated as I am practicing yoga and meditation, exercising, eating healthy and have cut caffeine and alcohol out of my daily consumption, save for a cup of green tea in the morning. Who knows, perhaps I’m on the path to enlightenment and simply haven’t recognized this yet. I’ve heard tales of Buddhist monks in Tibet who sleep very short hours, amongst tales of other people. All I know is I feel like crap and am frustrated. Teaching junior high special needs kids and having an active 5 year old at home doesn’t help matters much either.

….What is one to do????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home