Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Friday, February 22, 2008


And Then I Slept



I finally got a fairly decent night’s sleep last night and hope that this is a beautiful new relationship with my bed. I followed the advice of a colleague and stayed up late (for me), watching TV until 11 p.m. (I usually go to be at 9:30). I did wake up just after 3 a.m., but only briefly. I finally awoke for good at 5:45, just 45 minutes ahead of my alarm.

…This whole waking at 3 a.m. is interesting. I’m a big fan of the TV show Paranormal State (more out of a sense of B-movie spirit as opposed to belief – go to their web site at http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/ ), and they say that 3 am is the time the spirit world is most active. Perhaps there’s something subliminal at work today, or, logically, I being haunted by some demon or dark-man. Perhaps I’ll contact them at Penn State and get them to investigate….

But seriously though, it’s amazing how one night, though far from making up for my sleep deficit, lifts one’s spirit. A friend of mine sent me a mantra wishing me sleep and peace, so perhaps there’s a bit of karma working there.

…been getting rather mystic again. Perhaps I’ll visit the belief-o-matic again (you can do it too at http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html )to see if I’m spiritually morphing…. Been pretty heavily engaged in spirituality books as of late including “The Way of the Peaceful Warrior” series, a book on Ayurveda, Sufism and a slew of other self-help/ Buddhist writings….

So, to the Belief-O-Matic it is… Here’s my results:

1.
Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2.
Mahayana Buddhism (99%)
3.
Theravada Buddhism (93%)
4.
Neo-Pagan (92%)
5.
Liberal Quakers (90%)
6.
New Age (88%)
7.
Taoism (81%)
8.
Hinduism (72%)
9.
Secular Humanism (71%)
10.
Jainism (68%)
11.
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (65%)
12.
Scientology (60%)
13.
Sikhism (59%)
14.
New Thought (56%)
15.
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (53%)
16.
Orthodox Quaker (53%)
17.
Bahá'í Faith (49%)
18.
Reform Judaism (48%)
19.
Nontheist (43%)
20.
Seventh Day Adventist (26%)
21.
Orthodox Judaism (23%)
22.
Islam (20%)
23.
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (20%)
24.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (20%)
25.
Eastern Orthodox (13%)
26.
Roman Catholic (13%)
27.
Jehovah's Witness (11%)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home