Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Nope, Not Last Night Again


Alas, another sleepless night last night – up by 4 a.m. I really thought I'd get a good night's sleep as I spent close to 90 minutes doing guided relaxation meditation before going to bed. All the research I'm doing into chronic insomnia is clearly showing me that it is my thinking about sleep that is probably the bulk of my issue (but, as I enter week 10 of sleeplessness not thinking constantly about sleep is like being locked in a box with a tiger and not worrying about whether he's hungry... bit like The Life of Pi, no?), anxiety and sleep apnoea are most likely secondary culprits. I'm frustrated but trying to remain optimistic. Most frustrating of all is that my doctor is on holidays until my appointment on March 10th.

I know my ruminations and… well whining… about my insomnia is hardly interesting, but then again, I don't think many folks read this blog anyway. Bit like when I did college radio…. am I simply sitting in this booth and talking to myself???

Anyway, I shall soldier on. Going to go to Moksha Yoga again tonight to see if that won't wring and boil the crap out of me and afford me some peace. Otherwise I'll be tempted to go to bed early if I stay home, and I know that will end in waking in the middle of the night for certain…

Sleepless, but I can still dream…. (insert violins).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home