Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On Tea and Z's

Eureka! I slept solidly from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m. last night! Thought I’m sure that my insomnia is not yet cured, I have been getting more sleep. Fingers crossed. I think the Moksha Yoga helped – it certainly kicked my arse last night!

One of the first things I did on the road to addressing my insomnia was caffeine intake. I used to drink lots of coffee ( 6 cups a day usually + lots of black tea – wife is from England). Anyway, I’ve cut this almost out entirely, having the odd cup of coffee through the week, but switching mainly to herbal teas (green tea – 1 cup per day is the only caffeine I’m allowing myself here).

Anyway, I normally dislike herbal teas as I find them thin and flavorless, save for green teas. The best herbal tea I ever drank was made for me when I was living in Slovakia. One of my students was into homeopathy and would pick a and dry all the herbs herself and then make me various concoctions for whatever ailed me.

Not too long ago, however, I came across an American product called Yogi Tea which I quite like (they have a really cool web site: www.yogitea.com ). The teas are very flavorful and full tasting and come in several varieties. You can pick it up in some Canadian grocery stores and at moth health and natural food shops. Each teabag has a little message on the paper attached to the string. For example, on the Green Kombucha bag that is steeping in my mug as I write reads: “whatever you are doing is the most beautiful thing.”

Anyway, here’s to an energized day and dreams of a second solid night’s sleep tonight!

Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home