Masochistic Perceptions, Trials and Truths

These are my cyberfied cerebral synapses ricocheting off reality as I perceive it: thoughts, opinions, passions, rants, art and poetry...

Friday, February 29, 2008


Sleep and the Supernova of Life


Two nights of complete sleep from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. – not to speak too soon, but I think I've finally ended my battle with insomnia!

I watched a really good geology programme on CBC Newsworld last night with David Suzuki that focused on the Canadian Shield. They were dating rocks and geographic events dating back 3 billion or more years. During a commercial, my gaze wandered out my window - and I know it sounds cheesy - but I looked at a star and reflected on the millions of years that it took for that particular glimmer of light to reach earth. It really puts into perspective how minute the blip that is one's life is in the grand scheme of things, but also makes you feel special knowing that we are a miniscule speck of the overall greater continuum that is existence. We often hear death tolls and statistics in the news, or read of people in history, oblivious that their lives were as most likely as big of a deal to them as mine is to me… yet it is all so insignificant and fantastic at the same time.

Life is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home